Monday, February 14, 2011

Good Americans when they die, go to Paris. - Oliver Wendell Holmes

My last stop before moving to Tanzania for a year included five wonderful days in Paris.  I've been told that I'll lose 20 pounds in Africa, so I decided to gain at least 10 pounds in Paris, so my pants would still fit at the end of my journey.  I'm simply too embarrassed to report how many euros we spent on food...


Duck confit, pain de chocolat, nutella, expresso upon expresso, eggs and salmon, and lastly, the most terrible, veal with lemon creme sauce.  Unbelievably terrible - my only bad meal at the very best restaurant for Valentines Day! 

Veal Scallopini and Scallops sound incredibly similar when spoken in english with a french/italian accent.  I promise to improve my french for the next trip, so I order scallops and not scallopini.  "Desole" to the cow whose baby I ate tonight.  Definitely not a vegetarian anymore!


Couldn't have asked for a better goodbye to fine dining, comfortable beds, and my best friend and love, Chris.