I was going to wait another week to post, but today was just one of those days that should be blogged about.
It started out nicely. I marked the road with hot pink spray paint, which is "technically illegal," set up Snack Station 1 with Power Bars, bananas, and water - and sent each rider on their way - cold, but full.
Upon the recommendation of some of the fellow riders/crew members, I backtracked a few miles to check out an old Route 66 Bar, got some free postcards, and stopped by this amazing bottle garden. I took several pictures, and then pulled the giant passenger van towards the road.
Unfortunately for the van, on the way out I hit a pole. It did some damage to one panel on the door and I was immediately reminded of my Toyota Corolla scraping from 2008... I was reassured that the team has excellent insurance this year...
Luckily, Tomorrow, Day 4, I ride a bike again. I've gotten pretty good at that. Knock on wood.
 |
| After a really cold 20 miles on the bike! |
 |
| Old Route 66 bar |
 |
| Signage |
 |
| Really neat bottle garden |
 |
| Dent in van that I sincerely wish did not happen today! |
 |
| More fun bottles that look like screw drivers |
 |
| A random tricycle |
 |
| Prettier than flowers |
 |
| To the right is the pole I will not forget anytime soon |